5.13.2008

Mother's Day

For the first time I was not able to see my mother in person on Mother's Day. Honestly, it just felt like any other Sunday for the most part. A phone call just didn't seem to make up for the distance. However, I am ok. I will get to see her this upcoming weekend (I know, why didn't I book the flight a week earlier? I have no idea. I think I am brain dead).

The fun part for a mom with children out of state (looking on the bright side here) is getting a package in the mail. I love getting mail! LOVE IT! Always have, so hopefully my mom and mother-in-law feel the same. Here is what I sent:
Pretty boxes covered in fabric! This one was for my mom, she loves blue and brown and vintage things. I also threw a vintage doorbell in there too...which may seem odd to most, but if you know my mom, it would make sense. This was for Tamara, my mother-in-law. I filled hers with little cards that read what each kid and grandkid loves about her. It was a hassle gathering them up (which is why that didn't happen for my mom's, maybe next year...but you got a doorbell!!) and well worth it. Both gifts were a hit.

I enjoyed making these boxes so much that I listed them on my shop, custom ordered to your liking. This way I can be justified in making another one.

So, what did you all do for your mom's? Please share!!

No comments: